Roasted Tomato Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- tomatoes, cored, seeded and halved
- 1.5 tsp
- olive oil
- red onions, chopped
- garlic clove, minced
- 3 c
- vegetable stock
- 3 Tbsp
- basil, fresh chopped
How to Make Roasted Tomato Soup
- 1Preheat broiler and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Place tomatoes on the baking sheet, cutside down; broil until skins are blistered, about 10 minutes.
- 3Set aside to cool; slip off skins and chop coarsely.
- 4Meanwhile, in a medium-sized saucepan, heat oil over medium-low heat; add onions and saute for 5 minutes.
- 5Add garlic and saute until the onions are very soft, about 5 minutes longer.
- 6Stir in tomatoes and cook, stirring, for 1 minute; transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender and process until smooth, then return to the saucepan.
- 7Stir in stock and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 8Remove from heat and stir in basil; season with salt and pepper.
- 9Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least one hour - The soup can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator, for up to 2 days.