★★★★★ 1 vote5
2red bell peppers
3 Tbspolive oil
8garlic cloves, minced
1 qtchicken stock
1/2 cheavy cream
4 Tbspfresh basil, thinly sliced
How to Make Roasted Eggplant Soup
- Roast the eggplant, bell peppers and tomatoes by holding them over an open flame (or broil them) so that they are black all over.
- Remove the skins.
- Remove the seeds from the bell peppers and the tomatoes.
- Chop the eggplant, bell peppers and tomatoes.
- Set them aside.
- In a medium large saucepan place the olive oil and heat it on medium high until it is hot.
- Add the onions and saute them for 3 to 4 minutes, or until they are tender.
- Add the roasted eggplant, bell peppers and tomatoes.
- Stir the ingredients together.
- Add the garlic, cumin and chicken stock.
- Simmer ingredients for 45 minutes.
- Add the cream and stir it in.
- Pour the soup into a blender and puree it so that it is smooth.
- Season the soup with the salt.
- Garnish it with the sliced basil.