- 2 box
- 32 oz each..condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 6 lg
- onions, chopped (vidalia or texas sweet)
- 1/2 Cup
- 11/2 tsp
- worcestershire sauce
- bay leaves
- 10 slice
- french bread, toasted
- shredded parmesan & swiss, i use sargento
How to Make Rich French Onion Soup
- 1In lg. skillet, saute onions in butter until tender-crisp (approx. 10 min - no longer).
- 2Transfer to an ungreased 5 qt. slow cooker & add the broth, Worcestershire sauce & bay leaves.
- 3Cover & cook on low 5-7 hrs or until onions are tender.
- 4Discard bay leaves. Top each
serving with bread & cheeses.
- 5TIP: I cut the bread into slices, lightly spread with melted butter/margarine. Put them in toaster oven to lightly brown & then put cheeses on & place back in toaster oven to melt a bit before I put them on the soup. This way the bread stays a little crisper............