★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 pkg
- ramen noodle soup mix
- 3 c
- egg whites
- 1-2 cups
- stir-fry vegetables frozen
- additional boullion in amount consistant with the volume of water for broth
- coarse ground black pepper to taste
How to Make Raman Noodle Vegetable Egg Drop Soup
- 1In a large pan bring the water to a boil. (If you like more broth with your soup increase the water and the boullion accordingly.) Drop in the frozen vegetables, wait for the water to return to a boil, the vegetables will need a full three minutes at a full boil to soften them before adding the noodles.
- 2Add packaged ramen noodles and the foil pouch of boulion mix package to the boiling water. Depending on how much water you started with dilute more concentrated boullion of your choice according to the recomended directions on the boulion package to make broth. The amount of boullion in the ramen noodle package is not enough flavoring for the additional volume of water and vegetables.
- 3Boil the vegetables, noodles and boullion together just long enough for the ramen noodles to soften. Leave the pot on the stove top turn off the heat.
Get the egg whites, drop them into the hot water with the rest of the soup. Let the egg whites set- up in the hot water about 30 seconds and then stir gently. The poached egg whites will appear in thin strands or sheets. The vegetables should be just done and the noodles should not be mushy. I lightly sprinkle each serving with course ground black pepper. Eat the soup right away for a firmer texture, it will be very hot. If you like softer noodles let the soup sit a while longer. I enjoy this quick and easy soup especially when I am feeling a bit under the weather. In my opinion it beats the stuff in a can any day.