Pureed Carrot Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 cfinely chopped onion
1/2 tspcurry powder
2 ccarrots, finely chopped
3 cchicken broth
·salt and pepper
1 tspgrated orange rind
1/4 corange juice
·scallions or chives, finely sliced
How to Make Pureed Carrot Soup
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan.
- Cook onions, covered until soft.
- Stir in curry powder.
- Add carrots and broth; bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes or until carrots are very tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Puree in food processor or blender with orange rind and juice.
- Return soup to saucepan (boil down if too thin; add water if too thick); adjust seasoning.
- Portion soup into bowls and garnish with a dab of sour cream and a sprinkling of scallion.