Puree Of Tomato Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 colive oil
1 mediumonion, diced
1/2 Tbspgarlic clove, minced
2 lbplum tomatoes, over-ripe
1 cwhite wine, dry
3 Tbspherbs of choice, fresh and chopped
How to Make Puree Of Tomato Soup
- NOTE: Use any combination of basil, oregano, thyme and marjoram.
- Heat the oil in a 3-quart heavy stock pot over low heat; add the onions and cook slowly, without coloring, for about 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, white wine and herbs; cover and cook over low heat about 30 minutes, breaking up the tomatoes with a wooden spoon as they soften.
- Strain and reserve the liquid.
- Place the tomatoes in a blender or processor and puree until very smooth.
- Add the reserved liquid to the tomato puree and pass the soup through a strainer to remove the tomato skins and seeds.
- Taste for salt and pepper.