Puree Of Tomato Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1/4 c
- olive oil
- 1 medium
- onion, diced
- 1/2 Tbsp
- garlic clove, minced
- 2 lb
- plum tomatoes, over-ripe
- 1 c
- white wine, dry
- 3 Tbsp
- herbs of choice, fresh and chopped
How to Make Puree Of Tomato Soup
- 1NOTE: Use any combination of basil, oregano, thyme and marjoram.
- 2Heat the oil in a 3-quart heavy stock pot over low heat; add the onions and cook slowly, without coloring, for about 7 minutes.
- 3Add the garlic, tomatoes, white wine and herbs; cover and cook over low heat about 30 minutes, breaking up the tomatoes with a wooden spoon as they soften.
- 4Strain and reserve the liquid.
- 5Place the tomatoes in a blender or processor and puree until very smooth.
- 6Add the reserved liquid to the tomato puree and pass the soup through a strainer to remove the tomato skins and seeds.
- 7Taste for salt and pepper.