1 Tbspflavorless cooking oil
1medium onion, chopped
6 clow-sodium chicken broth or water
1.25 lbsweet potatoes, peeled and roughly diced
1 tspsalt to taste
1/4 tspwhite pepper
1/2 cchunky cranberry sauce
How to Make Puree Of Sweet Potato Soup
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat; add onions.
- Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add stock, potatoes, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Raise heat to high, cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and puree the soup in batches.
- Replace pureed soup in a pot and reheat, covered, over low heat.
- To serve, place a dollop of cranberry sauce and sour cream in the bottom of each soup bowl.
- Transfer piping hot soup to a tureen or pitcher and ladle into bowls at the table.