Pumpkin Sausage Soup. Very very good!
16 ozmild or sweet italian sausage. bulk or casings removed
1/2 cminced onions, fresh
1 clovegarlic, minced
1 Tbspitalian seasoning.
2 cfinely diced cremini mushrooms
15 ozcanned pumpkin. not pie mix
5 clow sodium chicken stock
1/2 cheavy cream
1/2 csour cream
THIS MAY BE MY FAVORITE SOUP.
How to Make Pumpkin Sausage Soup. Very very good!
- First start by gathering all your ingredients.
- In a Dutch oven or large pot brown the sausage making sure to break it up VERY finely. I use my spurtle to start and then go to a potato masher to get the sausage fine. Drain any grease.
- Add the onion, garlic, Italian seasoning and mushrooms. Sauté until the mushrooms get some color and release some of their liquid.
- Add in the pumpkin. Stir to incorporate. Then add broth. Stir. Simmer over low heat for at least 30 minutes. Stir occasionally. I usually let it cook for 1 hour or so. Just gives it a deeper flavor.
- Remove from heat. Add in the heavy cream, sour cream and water. Stir well.
I like to serve this with pieces of good grilled sourdough that has been drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper.