Pozole (Instant Pot)
Cathy Evans Mauricio
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 3/4-2 lbpork carnitas(butt or shoulder roast); 1-inch cubes
1/2 pkgbolner's fiesta menudo spice mix.
1 1/2 Tbspoil
1small yellow onion, diced
1 Tbspchopped garlic
28 ozelpato enchilada sauce (red)
30 ounce can(s)white hominy, drained
4 cbeef broth
1 dash(es)worcestershire sauce
How to Make Pozole (Instant Pot)
- In a large bowl, mix cubed pork with the dry ingredients until evenly coated, set aside.
- Turn a 6-quart instant pot to "SAUTE." Wait until instant pot says "HOT," then pour in oil.
- Sauté the meat, then remove from pot.
- Sauté onions and garlic in instant pot.
- Return the meat to the instant pot with the sautéed onions and garlic. Press "CANCEL," add drained hominy, and mix. Pour in enchilada sauce, then the broth over the meat mixture. Stir.
- Cover and lock the instant pot, making sure the valve is in the sealing position. Select "MANUAL" and set time for 8 minutes. Once the cook time ends, select "CANCEL." Then move the valve to venting position. Remove lid carefully.
- Serve the pozole with the following options:
Shredded cabbage, lime wedges, chopped onions, cilantro, shredded cheese and fried corn tortilla strips..