How to Make Potato Soup
- 1Dice potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes.
- 2Place in large pot, cover with water and bring to a boil until softened.
- 3In dutch oven, combine melted margarine and flour, mixing until smooth.
- 4Place over low heat and gradually add half and half, stirring constantly. Stirring until mixture begins to thicken.
- 5Add velveeta, stir until melted.
- 6Drain potatoes and add to cream mixture, cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Place soup into individual serving bowls and top with bacon bits and shredded cheddar cheese.