How to Make Potato Soup
- Dice potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Place in large pot, cover with water and bring to a boil until softened.
- In dutch oven, combine melted margarine and flour, mixing until smooth.
- Place over low heat and gradually add half and half, stirring constantly. Stirring until mixture begins to thicken.
- Add velveeta, stir until melted.
- Drain potatoes and add to cream mixture, cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place soup into individual serving bowls and top with bacon bits and shredded cheddar cheese.