By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- medium leeks, white part only
- 2 Tbsp
- flavorless cooking oil
- 3 c
- chicken stock
- 3 c
- 2 lb
- potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 4 tsp
- white pepper
- sour cream
- chives, fresh/chopped
How to Make Potato Soup
- 1Remove the root end of the leeks, trim the dark green tops and reserve for another use.
- 2Slice the light part into 1/2-inch rounds, wash well and set aside on a plate.
- 3Heat the oil in a pot, over medium heat, and add the leeks.
- 4Cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
- 5Add stock, water, potatoes, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- 6Raise heat to high, cover and bring to a boil.
- 7Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- 8Remove from heat and puree the soup in batches.
- 9Place pureed soup in a pot and reheat, covered, over low heat.
- 10To serve, place a generous dollop of sour cream in the bottom of each soup bowl and sprinkle with chopped chives.
- 11Transfer piping hot soup to a tureen or pitcher and pour into bowls at the table.
- 12Refrigerate soup for up to 3 days or freeze the soup in 3-cup batches.