By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2medium leeks, white part only
2 Tbspflavorless cooking oil
3 cchicken stock
2 lbpotatoes, peeled and diced
4 tspwhite pepper
How to Make Potato Soup
- Remove the root end of the leeks, trim the dark green tops and reserve for another use.
- Slice the light part into 1/2-inch rounds, wash well and set aside on a plate.
- Heat the oil in a pot, over medium heat, and add the leeks.
- Cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add stock, water, potatoes, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Raise heat to high, cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and puree the soup in batches.
- Place pureed soup in a pot and reheat, covered, over low heat.
- To serve, place a generous dollop of sour cream in the bottom of each soup bowl and sprinkle with chopped chives.
- Transfer piping hot soup to a tureen or pitcher and pour into bowls at the table.
- Refrigerate soup for up to 3 days or freeze the soup in 3-cup batches.