Potato Barley Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 largeonion, diced
2celery stalks, diced
4garlic cloves, minced
3 qtchicken or beef stock
1/2 cbarley, rinsed
2 largeidaho potatoes, peeled and diced
·salt to taste
How to Make Potato Barley Soup
- Saute the onion, celery, and garlic in a bit of the stock until the vegetables become translucent.
- Add the stock, barley and carrots.
- Simmer gently, stirring occasionally, about 2 hours.
- Add the potatoes after the soup has cooked 1 hour.
- If the soup gets too thick, add more stock or water.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed.