Pennsylvania Dutch Sausage and Potato Soup
- 1 pkg
- polish kielbasa or smoked sausage, cut in bite sized pieces
- red skinned potatoes, cut in bite sized pieces
- 3 large
- celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large
- yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bunch
- parsley, chopped
- 2 can(s)
- 10 3/4 ounces chicken broth
- 2-3 c
- water, depending on how much broth you want
- 3-4 tsp
- chicken bouillon granules, to taste
- 1/2 c
- cream or half and half
How to Make Pennsylvania Dutch Sausage and Potato Soup
- 1Combine first 7 ingredients in large soup pot and simmer until potatoes are tender. Add chicken boullion to taste during cooking. Add cream to finished soup right before serving. Do not boil after cream is added.
- 2This could also be made in a slow cooker for 3 hours on high or 5 hours on the low setting.
The cream can also be added to each individual bowl after serving.