Pazole Sinclair Style
2 lblean pork cubed
1 can(s)108 oz teasdale golden hominy
3 Tbspgebhardt chili powder or to taste
2 ccarrots sliced
2 ccelery sliced
1 smallcabbage shredded
1 bunchradishes diced
8 smallyellow corn tortillas
1 1/2 cmedium cheddar cheese grated
1 1/2 cchihuahua cheese shredded
2 largeripe avocados sliced
1 1/2 tspsalt or to taste
3/4 tsppepper or to taste
1 bottlecooking oil
How to Make Pazole Sinclair Style
- Cut lean pork into bite sized pieces.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large soup pot.
Add pork and fry until all liquid is absorbed and meat browns.
- Add entire can of hominy, water, then chili powder.
Bring to boil and then reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes in covered pot.
- Slice carrots and celery. Add to soup
Cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender.
Add salt and pepper once cooked.
- Dice radishes and set aside in a small serving bowl.
Shred cabbage and set aside in serving bowl.
Grate cheeses and set aside in serving bowls
Slice avocado and set aside in serving bowl
- Heat 1 cup of oil in medium sized frying pan.
Cut corn tortillas in half and then slice in 3/4 inch slices.
Fry tortillas till crisp. Drain and salt on paper towels
- Ladle soup into large soup bowl.
Top with ingredient from bowls.
Cilantro and onions may be added as toppings also.