Old-Fashioned Onion Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 3 lb
- large onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 c
- butter, melted
- 6 slice
- french bread, cubed
- 4 c
- chicken broth
How to Make Old-Fashioned Onion Soup
- 1Place sliced onions in crock-pot.
- 2Pour in butter and mix to coat onions thoroughly.
- 3Stir in cubed bread.
- 4Add chicken broth to cover and stir well.
- 5Cover and cook on low for 10 to 18 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 6Stir well during last hour.