My Spinach Soup-- Revised
After a few trips to the restaurant I decided to try to make it myself. Turned out great & my brother started making it and taking it to our mom's which became a tradition years ago.
I haven't made it in years. My son who's pretty much a healthy eater asked me to make something healthy(ier) and my first thought was this delicious spinach soup.
I just added the bacon pieces figuring the drippings would be an added feature in this recipe.
- 1 bag(s)
- frozen spinach (you can double the ingredients)
- 3 clove
- garlic (squashed & cut into small pieces)
- 6 slice
- bacon of choice (i used maple smoked)
- 1 & 1/2 box
- beef broth (16 oz.)
How to Make My Spinach Soup-- Revised
- 1Thaw spinach in a strainer prior to starting this recipe or use fresh
Cut bacon strips into 1/2" pieces (you can omit the bacon if you want and use an oil of choice for a healthier diet
- 2Heat frying pan while tossing bacon pieces as they are cut & using a tong take them out as they're gently cooked - not crisp and plate for adding later (save drippings in pan)
- 3Gently fry garlic (don't burn!)
Add Spinach, bacon pieces & broth
Simmer on low for 10 min.
Enjoy! It's ALMOST healthy!