Mushroom Barley Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 ozdried mushrooms
1.5 chot water
1 smallonion, minced
1/4 cbarley, fine
6 cchicken broth, non-fat
2 smallpotatoes, peeled and diced
2carrots, peeled and diced
·sour cream, nonfat
How to Make Mushroom Barley Soup
- Soak mushrooms in hot water for 20-30 minutes.
- Strain through a fine sieve, reserving the liquid.
- Chop the mushrooms and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, saute the onion in butter until soft, add the chopped mushrooms, carrots, barley, reserved mushroom liquid, chicken stock and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add potatoes and bay leaf.
- Cover and let simmer 30 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaf and stir in the sour cream (eyeball it).
- Reheat soup but do not let it boil--garnish with a pinch of dill weed before serving.