Mock Bird's Nest soup
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 pkgchinese long rice
4 chome made chicken stock made with bones from chicken, pork and or ham as what you have available.
1/2 cchopped chinese parsley
dash(es)shoyu (soy sauce)
How to Make Mock Bird's Nest soup
- Make stock with whatever you have available chicken bones, pork bones, and a ham bone. You want the bones to have some meat left for garnish later. Add lightly salted water to cover the bones, and simmer until all meat is falling off the bones, and the stock has good flavor from the bones. The object is to get 3-4 cups of nice, reduced broth.
- If you don't have enough broth, add canned chicken broth to get to the 3-4 cup measure. And I recommend having 4 cups for the soup.
- While stock is cooking, Soak the Chinese long rice in warm water for 1 hour.
- Chop the Chinese long rice very fine and add to the stock; simmer until it thickens, about 1/2 hour.
- Garnish the soup with some chicken and or ham bits with chopped Chinese parsley; Add a splash of Shoyu (Soy Sauce) to taste.