Miso Ramen Bowl
- 1/4 c
- dried sliced shiitake mushrooms
- inch piece of ginger cut into fine matchsticks
- 2 c
- dashi or vegetable broth
- 3 oz
- pkg. oriental instant ramen noodles
- baby bok choy
- 2 tsp
- white miso paste
- 1 tsp
- soy sauce
- drop of sesame oil
- green onions green parts only
How to Make Miso Ramen Bowl
- 1Put the dried shiitake mushrooms in a saucepan that has a tight fitting lid. Add the ginger and pour in the dashi, bring to a boil and clamp on the lid. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile chop the bok choy separating the white and green parts. Cook the ramen noodles with the seasoning packet in 1 cup boiling water. Mix the miso with the soy sauce and sesame oil. Add to the dashi water.
- 3Add the white parts of bok choy to the dashi water. Pour in the ramen noodles with the water. Cook 2 minutes. Add the green parts of the bok choy and green onions. Serve with a soft boiled egg if desired.