Maryland Crab Soup
24 oztomatoes, diced
1/2 largeonion, chopped
1 can(s)sweet corn
1/2 lbstring beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
1hot peppers (jalapeno or serrano) minced
·seafood seasoning blend
1 lbcrab, drained and flaked
How to Make Maryland Crab Soup
- Put everything but the crabmeat into a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer, adding crabmeat, for about 2 hours.
- Don't buy the lump crabmeat, it's a waste.
- I used leftover crabmeat and clawmeat, which gives it a bit more sweetness.
- If you're buying crabmeat, it's probably best to by 1/2 pound each of claw and backfin.