Maryland Crab Soup
- 4 c
- 24 oz
- tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 large
- onion, chopped
- carrots, sliced
- 1 can(s)
- sweet corn
- 1/2 lb
- string beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- hot peppers (jalapeno or serrano) minced
- seafood seasoning blend
- 1 lb
- crab, drained and flaked
How to Make Maryland Crab Soup
- 1Put everything but the crabmeat into a large pot and bring to a boil.
- 2Cover and simmer, adding crabmeat, for about 2 hours.
- 3Don't buy the lump crabmeat, it's a waste.
- 4I used leftover crabmeat and clawmeat, which gives it a bit more sweetness.
- 5If you're buying crabmeat, it's probably best to by 1/2 pound each of claw and backfin.