Le Cellier Cheddar Cheese Soup
When reheating soup, be careful not to let it come to a boil, since it will separate!
- 5 c
- milk, warmed
- 1/2 lb
- 10 Tbsp
- 1 c
- red onions, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 qt
- chicken stock
- 1 lb
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp
- tabasco sauce
- 12 oz
- ale, slightly warm
- 3 tsp
- worcestershire sauce
How to Make Le Cellier Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1Slowly heat milk
- 2Brown bacon, then render until crisp
- 3Add butter, melt.
- 4Add celery and onions. Cook until translucent.
- 5Add flour and mix thoroughly to make a roux.
- 6Add chicken stock. Simmer 3 minutes.
- 7Add warm milk and stir vigorously to thicken.
- 8Cook out roux until thickened (it should not have a starchy taste).
- 9Reduce heat to low, add cheese, and stir until melted.
- 10Season with kosher salt, pepper, tabasco, and Worcestershire sauce.
- 11Just prior to serving, add warm ale.
- 12Garnish with cooked bacon and fresh chives.