Le Cellier Cheddar Cheese Soup
When reheating soup, be careful not to let it come to a boil, since it will separate!
5 cmilk, warmed
2red onions, finely chopped
1 1/2 cflour
1 qtchicken stock
1 lbcheddar cheese, shredded
·kosher salt, to taste
·freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 1/2 tsptabasco sauce
12 ozale, slightly warm
3 tspworcestershire sauce
How to Make Le Cellier Cheddar Cheese Soup
- Slowly heat milk
- Brown bacon, then render until crisp
- Add butter, melt.
- Add celery and onions. Cook until translucent.
- Add flour and mix thoroughly to make a roux.
- Add chicken stock. Simmer 3 minutes.
- Add warm milk and stir vigorously to thicken.
- Cook out roux until thickened (it should not have a starchy taste).
- Reduce heat to low, add cheese, and stir until melted.
- Season with kosher salt, pepper, tabasco, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Just prior to serving, add warm ale.
- Garnish with cooked bacon and fresh chives.