Katherine's Savory tomato Peanut Butter Soup
The peanut butter adds a richness to the soup yet it’s not readily identifiable upon tasting. This soup takes on a whole new personality when served cold. source unknown
- 1 can tomato puree, 28 oz
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp.paprika
- 1 cup low sodium beef stock
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened to room temperature
- pinch red pepper flakes
How to Make Katherine's Savory tomato Peanut Butter Soup
- 1Mix tomato puree and peanut butter in large pot and blend with a wooden spoon or whisk til smooth. Add salt, black pepper and paprika.
Add stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Add butter. add red pepper flakes and stir to blend. Allow to sit 5 minutes to marry flavors. Serve hot or cold. Store leftover soup in covered container in refrigerator.