★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 c
- chicken stock, light
- 1/4 c
- ground pork
- 1/2 c
- cooked rice
- 1 Tbsp
- fish sauce
- small eggs
- the next ingredients are optional
- sliced ginger
- minced cilantro
- sliced green onion or scallions
- chili sauce or flakes, your choice.
How to Make Kao Tom ( translated to Rice Soup)
- 1In a saucepan, bring the stock to a boil and add the ground pork, stirring to break it up. Reduce the heat to a simmer and stir in the cooked rice. Simmer for 2 minutes. Season with the fish sauce.
- 2When you're ready to serve the soup break a whole egg into each individual bowl. Bring the soup to a rolling boil and ladle over the egg. Garnish with the optional ingredients.
- 3Cover with lids or plates and let sit for a few minutes to let the eggs poach, then serve.
- 4This soup is pretty versatile, you can add already cooked meats and other veggies to it and make it your own.