Italian Sausage and Lentil Soup
- 2-3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 c
- olive oil or less
- 2 c
- italian sausage, no casings, already sauteed and drained of fat.
- 1 medium
- onion chopped
- carrot chopped
- celery stalk chopped up
- 1 can(s)
- of diced tomatoes drained.
- 3 c
- chicken stock
- 3 c
- 1 lb
- pkg of dried lentils rinsed and picked through
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Italian Sausage and Lentil Soup
- 1In large, heavy saucepan, sauté the garlic in the oil, over medium heat, for few minutes.
- 2Add sausages, stock and water, tomatoes, celery, onions, carrots and lentils. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat, cover the pan and simmer the soup for 1-1 1/2 hours, or until lentils are tender.
- 3Salt and pepper to taste. You cna also sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese on top