- 2 large
- 1 clove
- 1/2 small
- ginger, fresh & peeled
- 2 medium
- 1 tsp
- 1 small
- 3 stick
- celery stalks
2. Slice the celery leaves into large pieces. Those on the outside of the bunch are extremely bitter and should not be added to the stock. Remove and discard these leaves from the celery stalks
3. Peel and chop the carrots into large pieces. If you would like to preserve more of the carrot's natural nutrients, do not peel it as the nutrients are in the carrot's skin. Instead, scrub the carrot under cold running water, then chop the carrot into pieces
5. Once all of your ingredients have been prepared, mix them in a large stockpot with enough water to cover all of the vegetables.
6. Add peppercorns, bay leaf and fresh peeled ginger.
8. Strain your stock with a fine straining device while the stock is at its peak (about an hour after it was placed on the stove).
9. The stock should be light in color, sweet, and translucent. You can refrigerate this vegetable stock for up to 1 month bottled in freezer.