Hearty Portuguese Kale Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/2 lb
- smoked sausage, in 1/2" slices
- 1 qt
- chicken broth
- onion, thinly sliced
- potatoes, sliced
- 1 large
- kale bunch, shredded
- salt, optional
How to Make Hearty Portuguese Kale Soup
- 1Heat oil in a skillet; saute the sausage just until the fat is rendered, about 3 to 5 minutes; drain on paper towels and reserve.
- 2Bring broth to a boil with the onions and potatoes; simmer 10 to 15 minutes until potatoes are very tender.
- 3Mash onions and potatoes in the broth with a potato masher or slotted spoon.
- 4Add drained sausage slices and the kale; bring to a boil and then simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, until kale is tender.
- 5Taste for seasoning - depending on how spicy your sausage is, add salt and pepper to taste; serve hot.