Hearty Portuguese Kale Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 Tbspolive oil
1/2 lbsmoked sausage, in 1/2" slices
1 qtchicken broth
1onion, thinly sliced
1 largekale bunch, shredded
How to Make Hearty Portuguese Kale Soup
- Heat oil in a skillet; saute the sausage just until the fat is rendered, about 3 to 5 minutes; drain on paper towels and reserve.
- Bring broth to a boil with the onions and potatoes; simmer 10 to 15 minutes until potatoes are very tender.
- Mash onions and potatoes in the broth with a potato masher or slotted spoon.
- Add drained sausage slices and the kale; bring to a boil and then simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, until kale is tender.
- Taste for seasoning - depending on how spicy your sausage is, add salt and pepper to taste; serve hot.