Grandma's Califlower Soup
- head of fresh califlower
- 2 can(s)
- tomatoe sauce
- 1/2 pkg
- 4 can(s)
- chicken broth
- onion, yellow or red
- cloves garlic
- hand full of angel hair pasta
- salt & pepper
- seasoning salt ( *lawry's- is best )
- parmesan cheese
How to Make Grandma's Califlower Soup
- 1Brown cut up pieces of bacon in skillet with onions & garlic. After nice and crisp, add chicken broth/water ,enough to absorb all the good crisp bacon & drippings.
- 2Large pot: Add califlower to cook until tender. transfer liquids , tomatoe sauce and other spices, bacon, onions & garlic. (NOTE) Additional water can be added along with chicken broth .Lastly add pasta , simmer until pasta is cooked, do not want to over cook and make soggy.
When ready to serve, sprinkle with parmesan cheese ( Asiago cheese is also very good )
- 3** This is BETTER the next day. This is a very thick and hearty soup. Great served with fresh french bread..... enjoy!