Golden Corn Soup
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3 c
- chicken stock
- 2 large
- ears of corn, or 1 8-ounce can creamed corn
- 1/2 tsp
- egg whites
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- cornstarch, dissolved in a little cold water
- chopped ham. optional
- chopped shrimp, optional
- chopped green onions, optional
How to Make Golden Corn Soup
- 1Bring the stock to a boil.
- 2Beat the egg whites until frothy.
- 3Add milk.
- 4Add corn to the stock and salt to taste.
- 5When the mixture has returned to a boil, stir in cornstarch mixture.
- 6Remove from heat and immediately add egg mixture. Stir quickly in one direction to create egg threads in the soup.
- 7Garnish with ham, shrimp, and/or green onions if desired.