Golden Corn Soup
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
3 cchicken stock
2 largeears of corn, or 1 8-ounce can creamed corn
1 Tbspcornstarch, dissolved in a little cold water
·chopped ham. optional
·chopped shrimp, optional
·chopped green onions, optional
How to Make Golden Corn Soup
- Bring the stock to a boil.
- Beat the egg whites until frothy.
- Add milk.
- Add corn to the stock and salt to taste.
- When the mixture has returned to a boil, stir in cornstarch mixture.
- Remove from heat and immediately add egg mixture. Stir quickly in one direction to create egg threads in the soup.
- Garnish with ham, shrimp, and/or green onions if desired.