Garlic Mushroom Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
20garlic cloves, peeled
1.5 lbmushrooms, fresh
4 Tbspolive oil
2 cbread crumbs
1parsley bunch, finely chopped with stems removed
10 cchicken broth
·hot sauce to taste
How to Make Garlic Mushroom Soup
- In a food processor or by hand, finely chop garlic and 1 pound of mushrooms.
- Cut remaining mushrooms into thin slices.
- In a 4-quart saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil; saute garlic and all the mushrooms for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Saute bread crumbs in the remaining olive oil.
- Return garlic and mushrooms to the pan; stir in parsley and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add broth and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce.
- TIP: For a thicker soup, stir in a few teaspoons of corn starch dissolved in a little cold water and simmer for several minutes until soup clears and thickens.