Garlic Mushroom Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- garlic cloves, peeled
- 1.5 lb
- mushrooms, fresh
- 4 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 c
- bread crumbs
- parsley bunch, finely chopped with stems removed
- 10 c
- chicken broth
- hot sauce to taste
How to Make Garlic Mushroom Soup
- 1In a food processor or by hand, finely chop garlic and 1 pound of mushrooms.
- 2Cut remaining mushrooms into thin slices.
- 3In a 4-quart saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil; saute garlic and all the mushrooms for 3 minutes.
- 4Remove from the pan and set aside.
- 5Saute bread crumbs in the remaining olive oil.
- 6Return garlic and mushrooms to the pan; stir in parsley and saute for 5 minutes.
- 7Add broth and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 8Season to taste with salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce.
- 9TIP: For a thicker soup, stir in a few teaspoons of corn starch dissolved in a little cold water and simmer for several minutes until soup clears and thickens.