Fried Shrimp Wonton Soup with Smoked Ham1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
36fresh shrimp wontons
8 cchicken broth
1 Tbspsoy sauce, light
1/4 tspwhite pepper
1/3 ccornstarch, mixed with 1/3 cup water
1 tspsesame oil
2green onions, finely chopped
3 Tbspcilantro, fresh and chopped
How to Make Fried Shrimp Wonton Soup with Smoked Ham
- To deep-fry wonton: Preheat a wok or deep saucepan over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add at least 2 inches oil; heat to 365.
- Deep-fry the wonton in batches, without crowding and turning occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove with a skimmer, drain on paper towels.
- Put wontons in a shallow 3-quart soup tureen.
- Bring chicken stock, soy sauce, sherry and white pepper to a boil in a large stockpot; stir in cornstarch mixture and cook until soup thickens, about 15 seconds.
- Fold in sesame oil; remove stockpot from heat.
- Lightly beat the egg whites just to break them up a bit.
- Stir soup in a circular motion while slowly and in a steady stream pouring in the egg whites; the whites should set within seconds into a lacy pattern.
- Pour soup over wontons, garnish with chopped onions, cilantro and ham (or prosciutto); serve hot.