Fried Shrimp Wonton Soup with Smoked Ham1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- fresh shrimp wontons
- 8 c
- chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp
- soy sauce, light
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
- white pepper
- 1/3 c
- cornstarch, mixed with 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp
- sesame oil
- egg whites
- green onions, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp
- cilantro, fresh and chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- peanut oil
How to Make Fried Shrimp Wonton Soup with Smoked Ham
- 1To deep-fry wonton: Preheat a wok or deep saucepan over medium-high heat until hot.
- 2Add at least 2 inches oil; heat to 365.
- 3Deep-fry the wonton in batches, without crowding and turning occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- 4Remove with a skimmer, drain on paper towels.
- 5Put wontons in a shallow 3-quart soup tureen.
- 6Bring chicken stock, soy sauce, sherry and white pepper to a boil in a large stockpot; stir in cornstarch mixture and cook until soup thickens, about 15 seconds.
- 7Fold in sesame oil; remove stockpot from heat.
- 8Lightly beat the egg whites just to break them up a bit.
- 9Stir soup in a circular motion while slowly and in a steady stream pouring in the egg whites; the whites should set within seconds into a lacy pattern.
- 10Pour soup over wontons, garnish with chopped onions, cilantro and ham (or prosciutto); serve hot.