Fresh Mushroom Soup
How to Make Fresh Mushroom Soup
- Slice 1/3 of the mushrooms. Finely chop remaining mushrooms. Set aside. (You could use food processor for chopped mushrooms)
- Melt butter in Dutch oven; add onion and brown sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 15 minutes or until onion is caramel in color.
- Add all of the mushrooms, and saute for 5 minutes. Add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add chicken broth and vermouth; cook over medium heat until slightly thickened. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Makes 6 cups. If soup is too thick, add water until desired consistency.