Easy Egg Drop Soup
It's great with stir fried rice!
- 5 c
- chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- cayenne pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 clove
- garlic (crushed with the flat of a knife)
- 1 slice
- ginger (peeled & about 1/3 inch thick) or 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 c
- green onion (thinly sliced)
- eggs (well stirred)
- 1-3 Tbsp
- corn starch
How to Make Easy Egg Drop Soup
- 1Combine water, bouillon cubes, soy sauce, ginger, cayenne peppers and in a large pot on HI. Stir to help the bouillon cubes break up.
- 2Ladle about a cup or two of the mix into a glass bowl and add cornstarch to this. Set aside, stir occasionally to keep well melded. The amount you add dictates the thickness of the soup. I add three tablespoons. The more cornstarch you add, the more fluid you are going to need. The consistency should be more watery than anything else.
- 3When the water starts to boil, remove garlic cloves and ginger slice. Add green onions
- 4GRADUALLY add eggs while stirring. If the water stops boiling, don't worry, just keep going. The finer the stream of egg is, the better the egg ribbons will look. NEVER add cornstarch before the eggs, you won't get the right consistency.
- 5Finally, add cornstarch mix (stir once more before adding to pot) Let boil for another minute. Don't add cornstarch straight into the pot, you'll end up with little pockets of cornstarch. You're soup will look like snot.