decandent tomato soup
I will post the original recipe "St. Thomas' Tomato Soup" tomorrow
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2-8oz can(s)tomatoes, canned with juice diced
1-6oz can(s)evaporated milk
1/2 cchopped onion
1 1/2 tsppoultry seasoning
1chicken bouillon cube
1/3 crich, mild hard cheese (parm, etc.) optional
How to Make decandent tomato soup
- melt the butter in a heavy skillet
- add chopped onions and saute
- add the flour and poultry seasoning to the onions and cook until brown / tender
- in a heavy pot heat combine water, milk, tomatoes with juice, bouillon cube and bring to a low boil.
- reduce heat and add in to liquid the cooked & seasoned floured onion mixture.
- If you want REALLY rich soup, grate in the cheese or use the left over rind / heel of a hard cheese... I just drop it in...
- simmer for 20 minutes.