decandent tomato soup
I will post the original recipe "St. Thomas' Tomato Soup" tomorrow
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2-8oz can(s)
- tomatoes, canned with juice diced
- 1-6oz can(s)
- evaporated milk
- 1/2 c
- chopped onion
- 1/4 c
- 1 1/2 tsp
- poultry seasoning
- chicken bouillon cube
- 2 c
- 4 Tbsp
- 1/3 c
- rich, mild hard cheese (parm, etc.) optional
How to Make decandent tomato soup
- 1melt the butter in a heavy skillet
- 2add chopped onions and saute
- 3add the flour and poultry seasoning to the onions and cook until brown / tender
- 4in a heavy pot heat combine water, milk, tomatoes with juice, bouillon cube and bring to a low boil.
- 5reduce heat and add in to liquid the cooked & seasoned floured onion mixture.
- 6If you want REALLY rich soup, grate in the cheese or use the left over rind / heel of a hard cheese... I just drop it in...
- 7simmer for 20 minutes.