Curry Udon with Breaded Shrimp
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 pkg
- udon packet (normally comes in packet of 3-5)
- 1 pkg
- curry packet (already prepared in individual serving packets)
- breaded shrimp
- red pickled ginger (garnish, opt)
- soy sauce, to taste
EVERY INGREDIENT IS FOUND AT A ASIAN SUPERMARKET (MARUKAI STORES, FRESHIA KOREAN MARKET, 99 RANCH MARKET, ...)
How to Make Curry Udon with Breaded Shrimp
- 1Get 2 small pots of boiling water, one for the udon & the other for the curry packet.
- 2Heat vegetable oil in a medium size pot to 400 degrees, enough to dredge the shrimp in. Deep fry, turning once and drain on a paper towel.
- 3Strain udon into a serving bowl, cut open packet of curry and pour over udon, place 3 fried shrimp on top and garnish with ginger & soy sauce to taste.
Side note to get oil at desired temp, use a candy thermometer clipped to the edge of the pot.