Creamy Potato Soup
1 smallonion, diced
3 stalk(s)celery, diced
3 dash(es)carrots, diced
3-4 lbred potatoes, halved or quartered
4 cchicken broth
·salt and pepper to taste
2 cwater, or enough to cover vegetables
1-1 1/2 ccorn starch
How to Make Creamy Potato Soup
- Add all veggies and salt & pepper to large pot. Adjust salt to your liking. Remember that chicken broth has salt.
- Add chicken broth and enough water to just cover the veggies.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Simmer about 15 or so minutes until everything is tender.
- Mix milk and cornstarch and add to simmering vegetables while stirring. Add milk as necessary after it thickens.
- Once it is the consistency you like, remove from heat and add butter. Cover and let sit until butter melts.
- *NOTE: any kind of potato will work. I had red ones from the garden so that's what I used. You can add more or less butter, depending on your preference. I always add a lot of black pepper. You can also add 1/4 tsp. of paprika for color. This is especially nice if you aren't using red potatoes.