Creamy Asparagus and Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- 1 1/2 - 2 lb
- prepared roasted pumpkin puree
- 1/2 large
- onion, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 c
- 4 1/2 c
- low sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb
- asparagus chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- toasted croutons, optional
How to Make Creamy Asparagus and Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- 1Modern Method: In a large Dutch Oven (the type for stovetops) melt your butter and onion and gently cook until onion is translucent. Stirring frequently don't burn.
- 2Add the broth, pumpkin, asparagus, and season with salt and pepper. Increse the heat to bring to a boil. Once boiling reduce heat to simmer and simmer for 30 minutes or until the asparagus is nice and tender. You can sprinkle some toasted croutons on top of each bowl. Yummy.
- 3Note: My hubby added 1 cayanne pepper, chopped and sprinkled that on top too. It added a little heat but not much and was very yummy.
- 4Hearth Method: Follow modern method but use a round bottom kettle with legs, hanging from a crane in a fireplace or fire irons over a fire pit and cook over a moderate fire.