Corn and Tomato Broth1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 Tbspolive oil
1/2 smallonion, peeled
2tomatoes, seeded and diced
3 cchicken broth
3 Tbsplime juice
1/4 ccilantro, fresh and chopped
How to Make Corn and Tomato Broth
- Heat the olive oil.
- Finely chop the onion and add to the pot; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until tender.
- While this is cooking, core the tomatoes, seed them and chop them, then add to the pot and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a simmer and while this is coming to a simmer, remove the corn kernels from the ears of corn; add them to the broth and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat, add the lime (or lemon) juice and season to taste with salt and dried red pepper flakes.
- Garnish with cilantro (or parsley).