- 4 lb
- chicken wings
- 1 medium
- onion, unpeeled, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 large
- carrots, peeled, cut into 1" pieces
- celery stalks, cut into 1" pieces
- 6 sprig(s)
- flat leaf parsley
- 1 tsp
- whole black peppercorns
- 3 qt
- cold water
How to Make Chicken Stock
- 1Combine all ingredients and 3 quarts cold water in a large stock pot.
- 2Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer gently, skimming the surface occasionally, until the stock is reduced by one-third, 2 1/2 - 3 hours.
- 3Strain stock through a fine mesh sieve into a large bowl; discard solids.
- 4Stock can be made 3 days ahead. Let cool completely, then cover and chill, or freeze for up to 6 months.