1 Tbspcanola oil
218 oz bags frozen diced potatoes
14 ozcan chicken broth
2 1/2 cmilk
1 1/2 cshredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 smallred pepper finely chopped
How to Make Cheddar-Ale Soup
- Heat oil in saucepan over med heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 min. Add beer; bring to boil and boil for 5 min.
- Add potatoes, broth and water; cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cook until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat. Mash potatoes.
- Whisk milk and flour and add to soup. Cook on med-high, whisking occasionally, until thickened.
- Remove from heat, stir in 1 1/2 c. cheese; keep stirring until melted.
- Serve the soup with cheese and pepper as garnish. Enjoy!