- 1 Tbsp
- canola oil
- 1 large
- 12 oz
- 18 oz bags frozen diced potatoes
- 14 oz
- can chicken broth
- 1 c
- 2 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small
- red pepper finely chopped
How to Make Cheddar-Ale Soup
- 1Heat oil in saucepan over med heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 min. Add beer; bring to boil and boil for 5 min.
- 2Add potatoes, broth and water; cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cook until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat. Mash potatoes.
- 3Whisk milk and flour and add to soup. Cook on med-high, whisking occasionally, until thickened.
- 4Remove from heat, stir in 1 1/2 c. cheese; keep stirring until melted.
- 5Serve the soup with cheese and pepper as garnish. Enjoy!