Italian, we usually do not eat meat on Christmas eve so I came up with this
soup that my husband and guests just fell in love with it and I have been serving it ever since.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I love making homemade soups, and this recipe is definitely a keeper! It's really hearty for a cold night and super easy to make. When using the potato masher, it does leave the soup a bit chunky. Personally, I liked it this way. But if you want a more smoother soup, give it a few pulses with an immersion blender. The Test Kitchen
1 smallhead fresh cauliflower
1 qtchicken stock
1/2 stickunsalted butter
1/2 tspdried dill
1 tspcayenne pepper
1 tspblack pepper
How to Make Cauliflower Soup
- Rinse and cut up the cauliflower. Steam it in a small amount of water, covered,
until it is soft.
- In another pot, cut up the peeled potato, and the onion. Cook it in 1 cup chicken stock until vegetables are soft.
- Drain the cauliflower and put it with the potato onion mixture. Mash with potato masher until slightly thick.
- In your soup pot, melt the butter and add the flour to create a roux. Cook it for about one minute and add the remaining chicken stock.
- When it begins to boil, add the
mashed vegetables stirring until blended. Cook covered for approx 30 minutes
- Add the dill, cayenne pepper and black pepper and salt. Stir and cook about 10
minutes more. Serve with crackers or by itself and enjoy! Yield: serves 6