Cauliflower Bacon Prosciutto Cheese Soup
32 ozchicken broth
1 pkgcenter cut bacon
1 pkgchopped prosciutto
8 ozshredded cheese
·salt and pepper
8 ozalmond coconut milk
How to Make Cauliflower Bacon Prosciutto Cheese Soup
- Remove and discard the core of the cauliflower. In a dutch oven or soup pot simmer the cauliflower florets in the chicken broth for 10 to 15 minutes until tender. Set aside.
- Bake the package of center cut bacon in the oven. Directions are on the package. I was too lazy to fry all of that bacon. When done set the bacon aside.
- After the bacon cools crumble or use a kitchen scissors to cut the bacon up.
- Fry the onions and celery in butter until they become translucent and set aside.
- Using a stick blender mash the cauliflower and chicken broth into a puree.
- To the cauliflower puree add the cheese and stir until blended.
- Add 8 ounces of almond and coconut milk. You can use cream, half and half, or milk if you wish.
- Add the bacon, prosciutto, onions, and celery to the pot and stir. Salt and Pepper to taste.