Caldo de papa ( Potatoe soup) just like daddys!__Bebita
- 3 l
- 5 medium
- potatoes peeled and cubed medium size
- poblano chiles roasted and cut into strips
- 1 small
- onion sliced
- 1 medium
- tomatoe (optional) cut in quarters
- 3 clove
- garlic chopped or minced garlic
- 1 can(s)
- evaporated mil (del clavel)
- panela cheese -queso panela, ( queso fresco) you can use up to 3 pounds..you put as much cheese for your taste.
- 2 pinch
- of oregano (its a must) brak with palms of hands or fingers to get flavor out..
- 1 Tbsp
- chicken bouillon (to taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Caldo de papa ( Potatoe soup) just like daddys!__Bebita
- 1Put water in a pot and let it boil, IN ANOTHER pot add oil, the cubed potatoes, salt, pepper and chicken bouillon this way potatoes will get more flavor. Saute them for just a little while maybey 5 minutes then add onion, tomatoe and garlic keep stirring for 5 more minutes for flavors to mingle together by this time water should be already boiling. Add the boiling water to the pot with all ingredients, stir let it simmer for another 5 minutes then add the evaporated milk stir and add oregano..cover and let simmer for 15 minutes until potatoes are done, add the chile poblano slices and cheese in the lst 5 minutes. Make sure you have cheese on separate plate so if the cheese in soup meltes to much you can add more to your plate.
- 2Make sure you keep tasting the soup for flavor, if it needs more salt, pepper etc. This recipe is more to your taste..SO play around with ingredients!
The reason it takes 25 minutes for preparation is mainley for the chiles that need to be roasted and cleaned! Make sure to take seeds out.