By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 smallred cabbage, shredded
1 1/2 qtchicken broth
3 Tbspwine vinegar
How to Make Cabbage Soup
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil and cook the onions, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, vinegar and ham hock; Cover and simmer the soup for 1 hour.
- Remove from heat, add salt and pepper as desired.
- Remove meat from ham hock and add back to soup - Serve with sour cream and chopped fresh dill.