1 smallgreen cabbage -- thinly sliced
1 smallpurple cabbage -- thinly sliced
1/2 lbred potatoes -- 1/4in cubes
1 mediumwhite onion -- thinly sliced
1 (15 oz) can(s)white beans -- drained & rinsed
5 cchicken broth
How to Make Cabbage Soup
- Warm a large, thick bottomed pot over medium high heat, spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Stir in the salt and potatoes.
- Cover and cook until they are a bit tender and starting to brown a bit, about 5 minutes.
- It's okay to uncover and stir a couple times. Stir in the onion and cook for another minute or two.
- Add the broth and the beans and bring the pot to a simmer.
- Stir in the cabbage and cook for a couple more minutes, until the cabbage softens up a bit.
- Now adjust the seasoning - taste and add more salt as this will vary according to your tastes and preferences