Brussels Sprouts Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 10 oz
- brussel sprouts
- 1/2 lb
- kielbasa, or similar smoked sausage slice 1/4"
- 6 Tbsp
- onions, minced
- 2 small
- boiling potatoes, cut in 1/2" cubes
- 2 c
- chicken broth
- 1 c
How to Make Brussels Sprouts Soup
- 1Reserve 1/2 cup of the smallest brussels sprouts and in a food processor chop coarse the remaining brussels sprouts.
- 2In a large saucepan brown the sausage over moderately high heat, turning it, and drain it on paper towels.
- 3In the fat remaining in the saucepan cook the onion over moderately low heat, stirring, until it is softened and add the chopped brussels sprouts, the sausage, the potatoes, the broth, and the water.
- 4Bring the liquid to a boil and simmer the soup for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- 5Divide the soup between 2 heated bowls.