Brussels Sprouts Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
10 ozbrussel sprouts
1/2 lbkielbasa, or similar smoked sausage slice 1/4"
6 Tbsponions, minced
2 smallboiling potatoes, cut in 1/2" cubes
2 cchicken broth
How to Make Brussels Sprouts Soup
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the smallest brussels sprouts and in a food processor chop coarse the remaining brussels sprouts.
- In a large saucepan brown the sausage over moderately high heat, turning it, and drain it on paper towels.
- In the fat remaining in the saucepan cook the onion over moderately low heat, stirring, until it is softened and add the chopped brussels sprouts, the sausage, the potatoes, the broth, and the water.
- Bring the liquid to a boil and simmer the soup for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Divide the soup between 2 heated bowls.