Broccoli Garden Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 cbroccoli, chopped
6 cyams, peeled and chopped
6 cchicken broth, defatted
4garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbspolive oil
1 ccelery, tops only, chopped
1/4 tspallspice, ground (optional)
2 cwatercress, chopped
·"just a pinch" of pepper
How to Make Broccoli Garden Soup
- Simmer the yams, covered, in two cups chicken broth 10 minutes or until soft; puree in food mill or processor - Set aside.
- In large pot with cover, saute the onions and garlic in oil until the onions are translucent and starting to brown; Add celery.
- Saute a few minutes, add broccoli and remaining chicken broth; Simmer, covered, eight minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Stir in puree; add seasonings.
- Serve immediately or serve chilled - Top each portion with 1/4 cup chopped watercress.