7 lbbeef bones, sawed into 2-3 inch pieces
1 can(s)tomato paste, 6 ounces
2 cyellow onion, chopped
1 ccelery, chopped
2 ccarrots, chopped
2 clight red wine
5 clovegarlic, peeled and smashed
1 tspthyme, dried
1 1/2 galwater
How to Make Beef Stock
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the bones on a roasting pan and roast for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and brush with the tomato paste.
- Lay the vegetables over the bones. Return to the oven and roast for 30 minutes.
- Place the pan on the stove and deglaze with the wine, scraping the bottom of the pan for browned particles.
- Put this mixture in a large stock pot. Add the peppercorns, garlic, and herbs. Season with salt. Bring the liquid up to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for 4 hours. Remove from the heat and skim off any fat that has risen to the surface. Strain the liquid and discard the bones.
- Refridgerate over night and remove solid fat from top of container. Store in refridgerator for up to 3 days and freeze for up to 3 months.