Apricot & Cucumber Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Apricot & Cucumber Soup
- 1Soak the apricots in the stock with the grated orange rind for 2 to 3 hours.
- 2Add the orange juice and simmer for 45 minutes.
- 3Cut 8 thin slices from the cucumber and reserve for garnish.
- 4Peel and roughly chop the remainder.
- 5Fry the onion in the oil over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- 6Stir in the curry powder and chopped cucumber and cook for 2 minutes.
- 7Puree the apricots with the stock and the cucumber mixture.
- 8Return to the pan and heat gently.
- 9Season with salt and pepper.
- 10Serve the soup garnished with floating slices of cucumber topped with the pumpkin seeds.
- 11Black rye bread makes a good accompaniment.