Apricot & Cucumber Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Apricot & Cucumber Soup
- Soak the apricots in the stock with the grated orange rind for 2 to 3 hours.
- Add the orange juice and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Cut 8 thin slices from the cucumber and reserve for garnish.
- Peel and roughly chop the remainder.
- Fry the onion in the oil over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Stir in the curry powder and chopped cucumber and cook for 2 minutes.
- Puree the apricots with the stock and the cucumber mixture.
- Return to the pan and heat gently.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the soup garnished with floating slices of cucumber topped with the pumpkin seeds.
- Black rye bread makes a good accompaniment.