Smoked Salmon Chowder
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
2 Tbspunsalted butter
1 clovegarlic, peeled, minced
4 ozmushrooms, cleaned, chopped
2 Tbspfresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
4 ozsmoked salmon, chopped
·ground white pepper, to taste
1/4 call-purpose flour
2 cfish stock, or bottled clam juice
1/2 chalf and half
·creme fraiche for garnish, optional
4dill sprigs, for garnish
How to Make Smoked Salmon Chowder
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, mushrooms and parsley.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the salmon and white pepper and saute for 2 minutes more, or until the salmon is heated through.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the flour.
- Gradually stir in the fish stock or clam juice.
- Return the pan to medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until thickened.
- Stir in the half-and-half.
- To serve, ladle the chowder into bowls, dollop with creme fraiche and dill sprigs.
- 174 calories (54% from fat),11 grams fat (6 grams sat. fat), 12 grams carbohydrate, 8 grams protein, 879 mg sodium, 34 mg cholesterol, 55 mg calcium, 0 grams fiber