Route 19 Shrimp Chowder1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbunpeeled medium size fresh shrimp
3 Tbspall purpose flour
1 Tbspcurry powder
2 cchicken broth
2 bottleclam juice, 8 ounces each
2 chalf and half
2medium baking potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
1 lbgrouper or amberjack filet, cut into bite sized pieces
How to Make Route 19 Shrimp Chowder
- Peel and devein shrimp; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large dutch oven over low heat; add flour and curry powder, stirring until smooth.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add chicken broth, stirring until smooth.
- Add clam juice, half and half, and potato; stir well.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer uncovered, 20 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Add shrimp and fish to soup mixture; cook 5 to 6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Serve immediately.